jinjingforever

Is it normal that my “Received by IRS” status is still Pending 2 weeks after I e-filed?

My efile was accepted on Apr 6, but my “Received by IRS” status is still pending after two weeks. Is it normal? Anything I can do?

Thanks!

KathrynG3

It can take up to 21 days for the IRS to approve a tax return. 

While you are waiting, you can create or log in to your account to check for any IRS messages: IRS View Your Tax Account.

Otherwise, if the timeframe goes beyond 21 days, see: IRS Let Us Help You for other ways to contact them.

For more information, see: My return is accepted but still not approved. Is there a problem? Should I be worried?