Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else still waiting for their NJ tax refund? I filed in early Feb. and am still waiting.

I just checked my refund status for the state of NJ after having filed 3 months ago. After 3 months of no status update it finally told me today that I have to send in all of our birth certificates, social security cards and other documents?! I can either wait to mail them or pay and go to one of their agencies. Wow.

Is anyone else still waiting for their NJ tax refund? I filed in early Feb. and am still waiting.

You could not have filed 3 months ago (Jan 1?), and NJ just started issuing refunds on March 1.  It sounds like they suspect you might be the victim of identity theft,
myramt3

Is that even safe to mail all those important documents?!

It's safer to fax them, or deliver them in person.

I submitted my NJ tax electronically on March 15. It is still "processing" as of June 20.

Debja04

11 weeks and still is processing. Has not changed. Very frustrated especially since they claim 4 weeks for online submissions.
Vksmith12

Yes, and they are giving me the run around and I never received a letter until I called them I amended my taxes and I still didn’t hear anything from them this is just ridiculous

Hello everyone ... your other option to waiting for a refund is to plan to not have a refund ... plan to owe a couple of dollars then pay 4/15 and you will be done with this nonsense.  

I forgot to have my accountant change my checking account and she used my closed account... refund was approved and sent to closed account on april 16th... says they will send back refund and a paper return will b mailed to me... july 5 today and still nothing !!??

Taxes Filed: 2/1/2019

Taxes Accepted: 2/2/2019

W2 requested: 03/25/2019 (letter recieved)

W2 submitted online: 03/31/2019

..... waited the 90 days required before calling....

Called on 7/2/2019 and was told my W2's were reviewed but they adjusted my refund "because of property taxes". They asked if I accepted the reduced refund. I said I couldn't accept this change without additional information. They couldn't provide any additional information so the person on the phone was going to "forward it to someone".

As of today, 7/10/2019, my online status still says "We have no information for the Social Security number and refund amount you entered at this time".

I received my federal refund 10 days after filing. WTF NEW JERSEY!!!

Well in your situation you have a clue as to what debt they are offsetting the refund with ... are you in arrears in your RE taxes ?  When you get another call agree to the changes so they will release the refund that is left (if any) and you will have the chance to object an incorrect amount once you get the letter of explanation. 

Not that I'm aware of. As for as I know all my property taxes were paid correctly. Hopefully they send some sort of info clarifying what's going on. 

So I filed early in February. As soon as they opened. I still haven't received my refund. I got a letter in April asking for more documents, sent everything in as soon as I received the letter. Fast forward 2 June I receive another letter saying they didn't recieve all my docs. Smh. In the 6years I've lived in NJ I have only received 1 refund. I'm so glad I moved to a state that doesn't have state taxes.

I just called the NJ line and it's still saying they have no information for the social security entered.   I filed almost 5 months ago!!!

This is ridiculous!

Better double check if your state return was Accepted.  You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies