Is anyone else having an Injured Spouse form taking forever to process? I'm at week 10 and it was filed after I e-filed. No updates from them at all.

They received my form on March 9th.  They claim its still "processing" but have not asked me for any more information.  They estimate 8 weeks but at week 10 with no update.  "Where's my refund" still just says that "been applied to past due obligations" message.  Anyone else having a serious delay/know why this is taking so long?  They have not been helpful at all.

Per the IRS, it can take up to 14 weeks.  You just have to wait.

They said 8 weeks if I file the injured spouse form after the e-file was processed

Did you finally get your return and if you did how many weeks? I am on week 9

Same situation. I filed after I efiled and it’s taking forever. Week 9. Supposed to take 8 weeks

Same deal this year. I'm at week 10 or 11 now with nothing.  I did receive my check in the mail the second week of June last year, so I'd imagine I'm looking at the same time frame this year.  The "where's my refund" tool updated the last week of May in 2018, and I got the check 2 weeks later.  So you're probably looking at 12-13 weeks for an update, then 2 more weeks for a check.

My injured spouse “closed” on May 1st. According to some other people who filed this year they got their check 2 1/2 weeks after their close date. I’m hoping to get my check around the 20th but I know it could take longer. The WMR doesn’t seem to be updating fully but it eventually says its processing the refund again, according to others.

8 weeks is an estimate and they made that estimate many years ago. Two things have happened since then that might affect the processing time. 1) the number of people defaulting on student loans has increased to shocking levels. Most defaults probably lead to injured spouse claims, which means the line is extra long this year. 2) Congress cut the IRS budget and it is now severely understaffed as a result. Plus there are a lot of new tax rules this year as well.

Wrong.