Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Tax Advocate

After being told 4 times 6-8 weeks by IRS. Last night I reached out and spoke to the tax advocate who informed me that IRS has my missing medical but was flagged again. I asked why and he was unable to answer. Also informed me I should have received a letter from IRS stating reason but he could not see it. So..... 8 weeks to receive another letter and another 8 weeks to resolve. I would recommend reaching out to see if you have more than the original problem due to IRS isnt letting us know!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

IRS Tax Advocate

Just some basic info ... the return goes thru a long "pipeline" when you file it ... and if the return gets stopped for the form 8962 the return is flagged and a letter is sent.   Once that issue is corrected the return it put back into the pipeline and can be stopped again for another issue down the line which may require another automated letter or human interaction.   Due to the covid shutdown this year the IRS is 4+ months behind in processing returns especially those requiring human eyes.   

Sadly the return doesn't just land on one desk and it handled by one person from start to finish ... the automated system is much more complex ... see the neat flow chart here to follow the path your return could take ... some returns fly thru the process quickly and others will get stopped (sometimes more than once)  for further review : https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/Media/Default/Documents/2020-JRC/TAS_Roadmap_32x32.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies