turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jkapink

IRs said my return in correction department

I filed my return on 2-12-21 got accepted on 2-13-21

On TurboTax 

called irs today the lady I spoke with said the reason I haven’t received my money is because my return is still in the correction department!

so why was it accepted on TurboTax  but according to the irs they said it wasn’t !

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

"accepted" does not mean "approved."   Your return was accepted----that means the IRS has it and is working on it.    TurboTax does not know if you entered something incorrectly or left out information that might cause the IRS to take a closer look at it.   Your return is now in the hands of the IRS so you have to wait and see what they do.   Your only source of information is now the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Um..yeah my return was in the “error department “ from the date Turbo Tax sent it to the IRS up until yesterday, according to the agent I spoke with today -21 days since it was accepted. Thanks for a whole lot of NOTHING Turbo Tax. Now I’m going to have to wait at least 8 weeks for my refund 🤬

But will you still get your refund although it is in the Error Department? How do you know you do not have to make corrections? I found out the same today and they told it will take 10 weeks to process from the date it was received. I was not given any more information. I can hear the agent's kid in the background. She was not very helpful. I will call again. 

I filed mine same time same acceptance date and was told same exact thing except I was told it takes up to 10 weeks at the corrections Department of the IRS which it had already been so she said just please give them more time she couldn't help me any further

To top it off I received an email from TurboTax stating that they needed their payment for the tax filing software and I still haven't received a return or don't know if the mistake was caused by something their software said to do so now I am left with a whole lot of questions and no answers

I just called the IRS second time today, June 4, 2021. That’s 12 weeks since my return was accepted but haven’t received my refunds yet. Last time I called in April they said wait 10 weeks from date of filing. Then they said it was a glitch in their system. Today they said it’s in the corrections dept. They unable to tell me when the corrections dept will complete their job for me to get my refund. I’m beginning to wonder if this is an intuit software issue. We need an answer. Two of my kids got theirs but I and my daughter haven’t. All returns were prepared same day. Unacceptable. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies