Solved: Incorrect 1099-Misc name

Incorrect 1099-Misc name

I recently filed 1099-Misc for my contractors. I erroneously interchanged the first and last name (Marie Pablo Shiela instead of Sheila Marie Pablo). Do I need to correct it? If yes, what steps should I do?

Incorrect 1099-Misc name

No, you do not have to correct the 1099-MISC so long as you put the correct identification number for your contractor. The IRS tracks by the ID number not by name.

Incorrect 1099-Misc name

Incorrect 1099-Misc name

What if the accountant for contracted worker is requiring an amended 1099-misc?  Do I have to issue a corrected 1099-misc and 1096?  I'd rather not since the ID was correct.

Thank You 

Incorrect 1099-Misc name

It would seem the accountant does not need the form to be changed. It might be different if it was a W-2 form as that would involve issue like identity and social security earnings. I think it safe to tell him or her that you cannot make the change because it is not necessary and would create a hardship for you.