foulkd2

In our Joint Federal Return our AGI was acceptable for me but not my spouse

My  spouse doesn't use her first name. Her AKA starts with her second given name. She uses AKA on her driver license, credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, our marriage license,, etc.; even for her Social Security and Medicare. However, her birth record first name appears on her CSA 1099R. Is this causing the rejection?

The IRS only looks at the first 4 letters of the LAST name, the SS# and the year of birth ... if you were rejected for one of those a different rejection number would be presented.   If you filed a joint return last year then you have the SAME  AGI number.   If you did not file jointly then you need to enter the number on the filed form 1040 for each of you... not from a 1040NR or a late filed return.  If she mailed in the return after June last year then try using a zero for the AGI. If she filed a non filer return just to get the stimulus payment then use $1.   If all else fails then all you can do is mail in the return. 

foulkd2

I used  my IP PIN and it still rejected. I will file by mail this year. thanks for your input.

The IP PIN and the AGI/self selected PIN  are totally different things.   If you are issued an IP PIN you must enter that  AND ALSO  use the correct AGI or self selected  PIN from the prior year return in order to efile.