Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was accepted 21 days ago and my refund is still processing according to WMR, what can I do to see if there is an issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My refund was accepted 21 days ago and my refund is still processing according to WMR, what can I do to see if there is an issue?

If your Federal return has been processing longer than 21 days, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

View solution in original post

91 Replies

If your Federal return has been processing longer than 21 days, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

Did you call them and fin out about your refund, I am dealing with the same issue and so I was curious to know what came about your situation.
lylianaz

i have the same issue and i spoke with an agent. i had to verify my idenity and they needed an additional 2 weeks after calling to get refund or update

So you had to call them directly and you took care of it that way. I will do that today, I have not heard nothing from them, I appreciate it.
lylianaz

yes I called them directly and told them my situation with my refund and they ask me all my information to verify my identity and told me they needed additional 2 weeks from that day of call
lylianaz

If I don't see a change by the end of the two additional weeks, I will have to call again and do a further process. I hope this helps

Yes it helps a lot. I have another question, a friend had to verify herself by her prior tax returns all the way back to 2014, I was trying to see if that may be the case. If so I am going to gather them all.
lylianaz

Today marks the end of my additional two weeks IRS needed for further processing and still no refund .....

Oh man, I called myself today and I was told that I need to wait till March 13th to call back. I hope things work out for you. Also thank you for being informational. It helps when dealing with the same issues.
lylianaz

@kristib5481 i called yesterday and I was told my file was being reviewed. i had 45 days from Feb. 15th to recieve my refund or a letter from IRS if not after 45 days i need to call back and they will look into it further

@lylianaz  same thing I was told

They  told you to call back in 45 days.

@kristib5481 they told me to give it 45 days from February 15th which is April 1st.... well April 2nd because that's a Sunday and a Holiday.
lylianaz

@thaquile93 every time I call it's always a different answer
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies