turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

muffin45

I want to see me tax returns from 2015 and 2014. Can I view them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

How were the 2014 and 2015 returns prepared--in online TurboTax or the desktop CD/download version?   If prepared online, log in and at the Tax Home, go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Expand that section and choose each respective tax year.    Do you find the returns?    If so, what happens when you try to download/print?   Does it ask you to pay?

Or do you see no evidence of the online returns at all in that account?  If not, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.
muffin45

I’m pretty much using the mobile version with my iPhone. Scrolling down from my page I can see my returns for 2018, 2017 and 2016. But don’t know of any way how to go back further than that.

Are you using the Mobile App?   If so, it will be easier to troubleshoot if instead of the App, you log into Online TurboTax using a browser, preferably on a computer, but you could use a browser on your mobile device if it's secure.

Or did you already log into Online TurboTax with a browser and only saw 2016, 2017, and 2018?

You may not be seeing the earlier returns if they are in another account.  If you don't find them in that account in Online TurboTax, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts (User IDs).
muffin45

I already logged into TurboTax with a browser. All my return information, at least as far back as 2008 should have been done through you guys. I just can’t see them. And it’s all for one single account: mine and no one else’s. And I never held an alternate account to my  recollection. I want to view the tax returns in 2014 and 2015 to see if I’m missing any unclaimed money from rejected tax returns.

Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.  I'll tell you below how to look for multiple accounts.

If you prepared the 2014 and 2015 returns online and can't find them in your current account, then you likely have multiple accounts (User IDs) without realizing it.  This is one of the more common questions in the forum.  

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method.
Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.
muffin45

I apologize. I couldn’t seem to get the years to scroll from left to right before for some reason. I apologize for any hassle I caused anyone.

If you saw it before, I don't know why you are not seeing it now.   I don't know what "bumped off by default" means.  TurboTax can keep at least 7 years of tax returns in an online account, possibly more.

I'm assuming you used Online TurboTax all those years.  If you prepared any returns in the desktop software (CD/download), they will not be in an online account.

If you used the account recovery tool and followed all the steps above, and can't find another account with your 2014 and 2015 returns, here's how to contact TurboTax Support for realtime assistance:

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263</a>

I see you have replaced your previous comment above, and it sounds like you have now located the 2014 and 2015 returns, so that's good news.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies