Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

I'm getting the same message and I've seen it before. I will definitely be calling soon
liz217-

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

i have file child tax credit for the past 6 years. i filed this year on 1/29 now 1541 take action cant call till tues! but seeing this at least let's me kno om not alone.

This might help all tax credit folks the IRS is very back up meaning the pipe line and also I spoke with HR block tax person yesterday and he informed me that they are going through all taxes
That claim the credits they are looking for fruad and make sure we are getting our return 100%
Correct with refund amount and the 1541 code
I look it up on Google it means over load and above comments in a nutshell if we filled out return correct nothing to worry about very frustrating otherwise

I was accepted 1/24/19 and still have 1541 message as of this morning

I hope that helps
mbanton6

Thanks everyone, now  I’m not alone makes me feel better, have a blessed day all 🙂
xmarcosx

Mine still says the same thing as well. My wife called the IRS on Thursday about the message and they told her they couldn’t discuss until the 19th, does anyone know why that is?

I saw something online that says not to check for certain refunds until feb. 19th

As of yesterday I have the code 1541. I filed Jan 27th and it was accepted Jan 28th. Mines doesn't say take action. It just says call if I want additional info. Some of my friends are getting theirs back Feb 22nd.

If you log check on the wmr app it doesn't say take action. But on the actual website it will tell you take action. No update for me. I double checked my filing date. I actualled efiled 1/17 accepted 1/23 so my 21 days was up when I called. Hoping to see the lift soon.

Blope8292 you right it only says take action on website, my 21 days won't be up til Feb 26th since I can't count tomorrow since they will be off. So should I call Tues or wait til next week? Did anyone receive a letter.

I would call and see. Then i would call back on the 21st day to make sure ,i got accurate information.  I still haven't recieved a letter.

I will call Tuesday. They will be closed tomorrow. @shayna_ken  when did you receive the code?

So have anyone checked their transcripts? It will tell you exactly the status of your refund, keep calling the IRS will not get you anywhere and besides if you call a lot it slows the process of your return down. Speaking from experience. #order transcript

I had the 1541 code for a while and ordered my transcript and seen theres a 971 code on it meaning"noticed issued". I'll have to wait on a letter hope this helps.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies