turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my amended return delay my original return if my refund hasnt finished processing. Please my doctor bills are sky rocketing

I amended my return before my refund was finished processing will i have to wait 16 weeks for both
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will my amended return delay my original return if my refund hasnt finished processing. Please my doctor bills are sky rocketing

Your refund for your original return should be processed in normal original return processing times. The Amended return will not affect it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Your refund for your original return should be processed in normal original return processing times. The Amended return will not affect it.

Thanks because i believe the irs. Will tell u anything they told me ill have to wait the full 16 wks to get a refund . I verified my id on the 20th of March 2017 .

If you had to verify your ID, that could delay your refund but it wouldn't be because you filed an amended return.

I did March 20th 2017

An i was able to reciever return transcrips Friday

Just keep tracking your refund on the IRS web site: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/refunds">https://www.irs.gov/refunds</a>

Ok
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies