turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sam16the

The account where they give me the option of deposit the refund has 4 extra digits.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The account where they give me the option of deposit the refund has 4 extra digits.

If you are trying to enter your bank account number into TurboTax for the account into which your refund should be deposited, which one has more digits . . .(1) Your account number, or (2) the TurboTax entry spaces?

(1) If your account number seems too long, the extra four digits are probably a specific check number, which shouldn't be included in the entry to TurboTax.  You should contact your bank to verify your account number.
   -or-
(2) If the TurboTax entry has too many spaces, that's okay.   Enter your account number starting with the leftmost space and ignore any additional spaces in the TurboTax entry area.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are trying to enter your bank account number into TurboTax for the account into which your refund should be deposited, which one has more digits . . .(1) Your account number, or (2) the TurboTax entry spaces?

(1) If your account number seems too long, the extra four digits are probably a specific check number, which shouldn't be included in the entry to TurboTax.  You should contact your bank to verify your account number.
   -or-
(2) If the TurboTax entry has too many spaces, that's okay.   Enter your account number starting with the leftmost space and ignore any additional spaces in the TurboTax entry area.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies