turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ddwhite06

I am an Independent Jewelry Designer for Origami Owl. What I have earned from the Corporation is not an amount for them to send me a W-2. How do I claim what I have sold?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I am an Independent Jewelry Designer for Origami Owl. What I have earned from the Corporation is not an amount for them to send me a W-2. How do I claim what I have sold?

If you are an Independent Designer, and not an employee, you would normally receive a 1099-Misc for the compensation you received. 

A 1099-Misc does not need to be filed by the payer if the amount paid is less than $600, however since you received the compensation you do need to report the income on your tax return. 

Since the corporation is not sending you a 1099-Misc for your compensation, you will need to use your own records to report the income, as well as the expenses relating to that income.

In TurboTax Deluxe online, you can enter the income by clicking on:

Federal on the side bar

Wages & Income on the top center of the screen

Scroll down to Self-Employment which is under All income

Continue through the screens

The software will make you aware that you will need to upgrade to "Self-Employed" in order to include a Schedule C with your return. 

You will be taxed on the income, but remember that you can also deduct your expenses. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies