turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmk019

If my TurboTax payment has already gone through, how can I edit my IL state return before I send it in the mail? Turbotax incorrectly calculated my total income.

After my purchase went through and I printed my IL state tax return, I realized that the information on the return that I was about to mail to IL was incorrect. I don't have an option to go back through and edit my information anymore but the mistake is causing me to owe IL money when I should likely be paid by IL for the deductions that already came out of my paychecks. I worked in IL for a few months this past summer as a non-resident and didn't make the amount of money that the form says I did. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

If my TurboTax payment has already gone through, how can I edit my IL state return before I send it in the mail? Turbotax incorrectly calculated my total income.

If you use TurboTax Online and you selected that you wanted to print and mail your tax return, TurboTax will treat your return as if you have filed.  In this case, you will no longer see, "Take me to my return/Continue my return" on your account.  To get around that issue, you will do the following:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
  5. Now you can make any changes that you need to make to your return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you use TurboTax Online and you selected that you wanted to print and mail your tax return, TurboTax will treat your return as if you have filed.  In this case, you will no longer see, "Take me to my return/Continue my return" on your account.  To get around that issue, you will do the following:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
  5. Now you can make any changes that you need to make to your return. 
Manage cookies