Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

nellybelly1994

If my employer had my ssn incorrect but sent the irs a corrected w2, can i file my taxes like normal now or do i have to contact the its somehow for something?

Anita01

You should be able to file normally.  The IRS uses the name and Social security number on the return itself to accept your return.  They don't match up the W-2 information until much, much later, sometimes as late as a year afterwards.

Anita01

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~