• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieljennifer25
Level 3

If I worked but my husband didn't but his on my taxes will I still get stimulus check

For the both of us or just me
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

If I worked but my husband didn't but his on my taxes will I still get stimulus check

If you filed married filing jointly, you will get a stimulus check for both of you.  You would qualify for up to $1200 each.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

If you filed married filing jointly, you will get a stimulus check for both of you.  You would qualify for up to $1200 each.  

View solution in original post

danieljennifer25
Level 3

@AlanT222  thanks allot I just want to make sure I was right and also what if he own child support but I don't we still qualify for the money because I read from IRS web site it never said anything about it 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If your spouse owes back child support the stimulus payment may be offset to pay child support.  If you have filed a form 8379 Injured Spouse form, only 50% of the stimulus payment will be offset.  Here is a document with the discussion.  If you have not filed a form 8379 and the stimulus payment is offset you will need to file that form to get relief as the injured spouse.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v