Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I just filed my 2022 tax return today should I wait a few days before filing my 2023 return or does it not matter? I have them both completed.

I don't know if it matters but I do not owe anything on either return. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I just filed my 2022 tax return today should I wait a few days before filing my 2023 return or does it not matter? I have them both completed.

Doesn’t matter. Send them in. 

How did you file 2022?  Did you use the 2022 Desktop program and print and mail it?  That's the only way.  You can't use the Online version to do 2022.  Then did you use the Online version to do 2023?  Or the 2023 Desktop program?  You can try to efile 2023.  You will need to enter 0 for the 2022 AGI since you are filing 2022 late.  

Hope you did not try using the online software to prepare 2022.   Online can only be used for 2023---no other year.    2022 has to be prepared by using the CD/download on a full PC or Mac, and it can only be mailed.  E-filing has been permanently closed for 2022 returns since October 2023.

Only a 2023 return can be prepared using online TurboTax and only a 2023 return can be e-filed.

If you used online for 2022, post back because you are going to need more help.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies