Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mkeo901

If I already filed and received my star and federal refund, when will I get my EITC?

I received an email from my job saying I qualified for EITC and when I was filing with turbo tax, I was under the impression that I’d receive the EITC as long as I filed. I am qualified for the EITC but for some reason have received it but I already received my state and federal returns. I went to the IRS website and was informed that I was supposed to receive the EITC alongside the refunds but that wasn’t the case.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If I already filed and received my star and federal refund, when will I get my EITC?

EITC is part of your return calculations, it is not separate. Look at your return and see if there is an amount on line 27.

Also, your job would not know if you qualify. It depends on your total income, filing status, etc.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

EITC is not a separate tax refund.  If you were eligible for EITC on the 2023 tax return you filed it would have been included automatically by the TurboTax program on your tax return and would be in the federal tax refund.

Look on your federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 27.  If there is an amount entered that is your EITC. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899157-what-are-the-qualifications-for-the-earned-income-credit-e...

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/use-the-eitc-assistant

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies