How to get refund back after offset occurs?

After getting absolutely no help from department of ed the irs or top I did some digging and ended up getting my offset suspended.Although they still might offset My refund still (because I had already filed and the notification may not reach TOP in time) I will still be able to receive my full refund. Once I did the l digging, I took the information back to all agencies involved and then they reluctantly gave me a lil bit more info. Don't give up. My persistence brought success.

I'm in the same boat! What digging did you do to get the offset reverse yourself? Elaborate on where and what to dig for please! My problem is my new wife's old student loans! I didn't know or ever heard to she had the loans before we married!

I'm in the same boat too! How did you get it suspended? I'm having trouble navigating all of this.

If an offset does occurs after the collections process was suspended, the agency that issues the offset is responsible for returning the funds. You would contact them directly to begin the refund process. 

For more information on Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the Treasury Offset Program FAQs.