I wouldlike to e file and have the IRS directly deposit my return into my account but i am only getting the option to use the RPS for 34.99?

it shows it as an option? why does it seem to be a default?

The refund processing fee is charged for having your payment taken out of your refund. It is charged by the bank that handles the transaction. If you change your payment option to Pay With Card, you can avoid the fee.

*If you wish to change your payment option to avoid the fee and have NOT already , the following instructions explain how to do so:

• Log in to your online account, and then click on the Take Me to My Return
  • Click on the File tab at the end and then click on Start (or Revisit) next to Step 1.
  • You should see View Payment Options at the bottom. Click on this
  • Here you'll be able to click Pay by Card and avoid the extra fee