turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to confirm my bank information is correct for deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SherryM

If you have not yet filed, then you can change your banking info under the file section. However if you have already filed or your return is in a pending state, it is to late to change it. You will have to wait until it is accepted/rejected. Once your e-filed return has been accepted, it's to late to update your bank account or change your payment method in TurboTax. Call the IRS immediately. Otherwise the IRS will issue you a paper check.

If you want to change or edit the banking information that is shown, make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked.

1. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.

2. You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info".

This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.

Rapman

Yes my stimulus package was sent to a different checking account number I would like to verify that you all have the right checking account are who's checking account this might be

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

You will need to use the IRS's Get My Payment web portal to change your direct deposit. Otherwise, you will be sent a check. 

You can access Get My Payment here

@Rapman

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies