turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I went to check my refund status on the Michigan taxes department of treasury website to check the status. It says there is no information, did turbotax send it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I went to check my refund status on the Michigan taxes department of treasury website to check the status. It says there is no information, did turbotax send it?

That is not uncommon; until Michigan actually starts reviewing and processing your return, their systems will have no record of it. Have you checked your return status in TurboTax? If you manually clicked the Transmit Returns button to e-file your return and it shows as accepted, then they have it. Accepted in TurboTax just means the government has received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refund

Once they accept the return, they no longer provide any updates on your return or refund to TurboTax; so that status will remain. The next step would be for them to process your return and approve your refund. Patience is virtue when waiting on government to process returns.

Michigan has stated the below general timeframes when it comes to checking your refund status. But it could take a little longer depending on if they are working on a backlog of returns right now. 

Please allow the appropriate time to pass before checking your refund status:
  • E-filed Returns: Allow 4 weeks from the date you received confirmation that your e-filed state return was accepted before checking for information.
  • Paper Filed Returns: Allow 6-8 weeks before checking for information.
How do I track my Michigan tax refund?

I never got a reply that my Michigan Tax returned was received. Its been 3 days now..

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

In January and early February, it's not uncommon for state returns to remain in pending status for several days (even after your federal return is accepted).  We suggest waiting patiently and continuing to check back for confirmation that your return has been accepted.  Source:  Why is my state e-file still pending? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies