Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

podko06

I went to admend my state taxes but I no longer had to do so, my taxes did not change from the original file. How can I delete the amend? Or do I still have to mail it.

On my state tax form is does not have the option to delete, only to edit or start. When I hit start it brings me to the end of the form and wants me to print off the amend form and mail it in. Is this my only option?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Kadian

I went to admend my state taxes but I no longer had to do so, my taxes did not change from the original file. How can I delete the amend? Or do I still have to mail it.

Since you received a 1099-R after filing, you must amend your entire return, both federal and state. 

The step-by-step instructions on the amended process will not be available until mid-February. At that time click here and follow the instructions on how to amend a 2016 return. 

Kadian

podko06

I tried deleting my state return but it was already paid for and I only have the start or edit option. Does this mean i can not delete it and have to send in the amend form by mail even though there were no changes?
Kadian

Before I can properly answer that question, Why were you amending your state return?
podko06

I was sent a 1099-R in the mail after I filed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies