Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

If they ask for paystubs, that can mean that your employer failed to send the IRS their copy of your W-2 forms, or that what you claimed does not agree with what the employer sent.
pmilan07

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

So crazy.... They could of at least said 21 days since all they are doing is re-processing and if nothing within 21 days after verification call back in
zed1011

Wait the 9 weeks! Holy  crap!
pmilan07

thats what i said!
zed1011

I received a letter today from the IRS, form CP05 stating they are reviewing wages further. I need not do anything. So I called,  then they inform me I will receive another letter, form 4463C, saying my taxes were randomly chosen for further review. I asked why what is wrong with my return. The dude said he really didn’t see any issues with my return what so ever. He said they have just chose to pick people for further review. Wow, really?

WOw

This is just crazy ! U should call back an tell them U need to know what is going on
zed1011

I asked every question I could think of. The guy I spoke to said he sees nothing what so ever with my return. He looked at my intire return and said he don’t understand why either.  He said they they are randomly choosing returns to look at, from people who are already waiting. On the back of the CP05, it says “ we should be done by may 2!
zed1011

This is what a 4464C is about . Receiving a refund unusually larger than the one from a prior year
vball2211

Omg! I feel so bad for all of you still waiting. I know how it feels. I filed on Jan 28th and didn’t get my money until March 21st. Those of you still waiting...I’m so sorry.
zed1011

My refund is only $200 more from last year. I just don’t believe this crap

I jus need and want my money the irs playing smh ... @zed1011 i was choosen too for further review for my wages but im confused when i verify she stated i was good n going back into processing this crazy
zed1011

@shenilastevenske  I was told the exact damn thing. She told me I passed and was going back into the processing pile
zed1011

The last phone call I was on I asked how the processing went, he told me it is assigned a case worker and it goes into their personal pile to review and it’s all done by hand

Did anyone file self employed
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies