turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cloglife

I was told by the IRS to fax my 1095A and my 8885 forms to them I did that and now I have a second letter. 1-xxx xxx xxxx

The letter says due to the high volume, we can't acknowledge receipt of your fax. Your faxed signatures will become a permanent part of your filing. Don't send another copy by mail. Doing so could delay the processing of your return. Be sujre to put your taxpayer identification number on each page faxed. Include a cover sheet with the following information.

Date: __________________________

Attention: ICO Rejects Team OSPC

BATCH:

Control Number: 30221-492-18563-7

Your Name ___________________________

Your Tax ID ___________________________

(social security number or individual taxpayer identification number)

Tax period:_________________________________

Number of pages faxed:

Whenever your write, include this letter and provide in the spaces below, your telephone number with the hours we can reach you. Keep a copy of this letter in for your records.

Telephone number: (    ) _________________ Hours______________

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I was told by the IRS to fax my 1095A and my 8885 forms to them I did that and now I have a second letter. 1-xxx xxx xxxx

Comply with their request to fax another copy asap ... use the cover letter as directed. 

i did sent another copy and they still they need more info 

Comply with their requests no matter how silly it may seem or your return will never be processed.
Ignazio P
Returning Member

I received the same letter. Where it says to include your TIN on each page, does that mean to manually write in your SSN at the top corner of each page faxed?

I have never faxed anything to the IRS and want to make sure it is done right the first time. @Critter 

if from your tax return you print forms generated by TurboTax, TurboTax puts your SSN on each form or schedule.

If you are doing them by hand, enter the SSN in the space provided.

Good Luck.

@Ignazio P 

irs willnot process my return

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

What is the reject message?  @Sb12261966   You may need to mail your tax return if your return has a situation that can't be e-filed.   But you should try to e-file if possible; let us know what error you are receiving.     

Or have you filed already?   IRS Refund Timing

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies