In order to print your return your TurboTax fees must be paid first. TurboTax does not mail your return for you. You have to print it, sign it, and mail it yourself. When you mail a tax return, you need to sign it on the bottom of the page where it says "Sign Here" and write in the date you signed it by the word "Date". Attach copies of your W-2 and any other documents that show taxes withheld to the left side of the papers where it says "Attach Forms..."
When you print your return, it will print with filing instructions that tell you where to mail it.
It is not required, but is a good idea, to use a mailing service that will track your return or provide you with a receipt showing that the IRS got it--such as Fedex, UPS, or certified mail.
It will take about 4 weeks and then you can track the status of your return at the IRS website.
You can print your return by following the instructions below
(Note: Before you can print, your TurboTax fees must be paid)
1 Select the My Account drop down in the upper right and choose Print Center.
2 Under the Choose your option section, select which forms you want to print.
3 Click Print save or preview this year’s return.
4 Click Print.
5 Mail to the address specified in your return
Tip: You must be inside your return when you click on My Account
To send your tax return by mail and get a receipt to see that the IRS received it:
To track your Federal refund:
To track your state refund:
On the IRS site you are also offered the use of an app called IRS2Go
To change to e-filing:
1. Sign into your account.
2. Click on the My TurboTax menu ( See attachment) and select Visit My Tax Timeline .
3. Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return. This allows you to get back into your return.)
4. Click on the File tab across the top below the Search option.
5. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
6. Click the Start button to the right of Step 3.
7. This will navigate you to the Here are your filing choices screen, click I'd like to change filing methods.
8. Change your filing method to E-file and click Save.
9. Click Continue and follow the onscreen prompts to e-file your return.