preciousmomjamai

I want to know what happened to my $1,800 it's been over 21 days

LenaH

The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. Unfortunately, this means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund yet. If your return has accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site. You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

A lot of taxpayers are in the same situation as you due to the IRS backlog right now. Although The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, some returns take more time to review. In addition, the IRS is processing millions of returns, as well as stimulus checks, and they are doing everything they can to be as prompt as possible. 

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

@preciousmomjamai

If you only filed for the missing stimulus money then expect to wait a while longer as all returns with that credit on them have to go thru a very overworked department that is verifying that entry.  

daph

@preciousmomjamai 

I'm in the same boat! (and if another TT expert tells me one more time that they don't process the refunds I'm gonna scream...we know...it's a community forum we are trying to see if anyone is having the same issue and how to resolve it.) Any way mine was completed and submitted on March 19 should have been DD by April 9th and it is now April 27.  I had started calling after about 4  weeks but could never get through. Finally today the system let me in...only to take me to the automated phone version of where's my refund. Just would like someone from the IRS to just confirm Hey, we are back logged or Hey we need more info. 

MILLIONS of returns have been delayed this year so  you are in very good company if that is what you need to know.   All you can do is wait until the IRS finishes processing your return and they release the refund.  No one can tell you how long this will be  and  other's experience may not reflect your situation so their experiences are really irrelevant.    Just check the IRS tool a couple of times a week until you get the good news.