Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kywes

I've received acknowledgment in Turbo Tax that my Federal return has been accepted. I filed on 1/30/21. IRS.gov says it can't give me a status on my return. How come?

I've received my state tax refund so I'm sure my returns were properly processed through Turbo Tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I've received acknowledgment in Turbo Tax that my Federal return has been accepted. I filed on 1/30/21. IRS.gov says it can't give me a status on my return. How come?

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kywes

I believe the problem was caused by Turbo Tax. When I entered in my return how much I had received in stimulus money, Turbo Tax said I was owed more and said my refund would be $3,143. IRS.gov is saying the refund amount is wrong. Tonight I loaded Turbo Tax and it updated the program. Now it is saying that I can expect a refund of $1,943.

How much will this delay my refund?

Should I do an amended return? I tried and TT said that there is some work still being done by the IRS regarding amended returns.

Please advise.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

No.  Wait until you receive your refund to see exactly how much you receive.  If there are calculation errors, IRS will automatically correct them and send the correct amount.

If there is an issue after you receive your refund you can check to see what provisions have been made for the  Recovery Rebate Credit which is Stimulus check.  If you need to amend, IRS will let you know.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies