turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've been trying to get my six-digit PIN several times and I still haven't gotten it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I've been trying to get my six-digit PIN several times and I still haven't gotten it

I need my ippin so i can file my taxes 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you're sure you are supposed to have an IP PIN, but didn't receive one from the IRS in a letter at the end of December or in January, you should try to retrieve it. Have you tried retrieving your current-year IP PIN at this IRS website tool? https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin If you are unable to retrieve the IP PIN online, you can phone the special IRS phone number shown on that page, and if they can identify you completely on the phone, they will postal mail the IP PIN to you within 21 days. If you are supposed to have an IP PIN, you can't efile without it, or it will reject. It's possible to file on paper by printing, signing, dating, and mailing without the IP PIN, but it can take the IRS longer to process your return since it will require additional screening. To file by mail, one would make that choice in the FILE section, and it should prompt you to print the return. TurboTax does not mail it for you. If you go that route, you have to print, sign, date, and mail the return to the IRS address in the Filing Instructions which also print. If you mail, it's a good idea to mail by a method that has tracking such as certified mail, priority mail, etc.

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide more information on the IP PIN https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/filing-and-paying-taxes/help/what-s-an-ip-pin-do-i-need-one/00/271...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies