sylver_09

I thought if I click on amend return that turbo tax will amend it via e-file for the federal. How do I get turbo tax to e file it?

It's a 2020 return so it is in the year that turbo tax can e file it electronically
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Sorry Turbo Tax only lets you efile the current year amended return.  To amend 2020 you need to use the Desktop installed program and print and mail it.

According to this article dated 7 days ago you might be able to efile.  But you need to use the Desktop program and it has to know if your original 2020 return was efiled and Accepted.   So before you amend you have to update the program with your efile status.   Open your return and go up to the top black menu bar first item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/e-file-1040x-amend-return/L9t...