turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nathan096

I submitted my Tax Return on 1/15/19, and the day after, the WMR tool showed “Return Received: We have received your Tax Return and it is being processed.” BUT THEN..?

I submitted my Tax Return on 1/15, and the day after, the WMR tool provided by the IRS showed “Return Received: We have received your Tax Return and it is being processed.” And then 3 days later, it has started showing me “We cannot provide you any information about your refund, if you filed a complete and accurate return, you should receive your refund in about 21 days...”

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I submitted my Tax Return on 1/15/19, and the day after, the WMR tool showed “Return Received: We have received your Tax Return and it is being processed.” BUT THEN..?

That is normal before the start of the processing season which will NOT happen until at least 1/28 ... until then you wait. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7077362

nathan096

Right, I completely understand that. I just found it odd that it was showing me on the WMR tool that it was accepted, and then a few days later, it shows me nothing and says “We cannot provide you with any information...”. I did not file with ACTC or EIC.

So what eventually happened? What was the outcome 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS opens the 2020 filing season for individual filers on January 27. A small group of people had their returns accepted and received a refund sooner because they were in a select test group with the IRS. But the majority of taxpayers will not have their returns accepted until January 27.

Please click the IRS link, listed below, to learn more.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies