sdlv

I submitted my 2017 federal taxes through Turbo Tax last year but why does IRS have no record of my filing when I went to verify my AGI values on the IRS website?

I submitted only federal tax forms through Turbo Tax for the 2017 tax year.  I received the receipt for payment of $59.99 for TurboTax but cannot find any record that it was actually submitted to the IRS.  Next to the 2017 year, it says it includes a verification of non-filing letter.  Now, when submitting my 2018 returns, both federal and state was rejected because the AGI values do not match.

I used 2017 TURBOTAX ONLINE DELUXE TAX YEAR 2017 PREP to prepare and submit it but there is no history of the status of this return when I’m logged into TurboTax either.

MFlournoy

You can check your efile status here     https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ . Please check here first. Also check any emails you have received last year when you filed your 2017 return. 

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  Accepted only means they accepted your return FOR Processing.  Not that your return is right.