Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Queenmnk

I selected a direct deposit but turbo tax said they issued me a check

According to IRS they issued me a refund on March 27th and now it’s April 4th I still haven’t gotten my tax refund. I contacted Turbo tax and IRS today. IRS said they had already issued my refund. Then I called Turbo tax at the first time a person literally gave me a false information she told me my refund isn’t processing yet. How though? When IRS said they already issued it. I had to called IRS again which is a pain as everyone knows it takes time. I confirmed with IRS that my refund had sent. Again I called turbo tax for a second time. This time was a different person turned out turbo tax just issued me a check today? Why did they hold my money hostage? And when will I get a check? I selected a direct deposit and they said they are sending me a check which it doesn’t make any sense. I checked my 1040 and my account number along with my routing number both of them are right! I have no idea when am I going to get my tax refund. And why did turbo tax sending me a check? This is my question?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Once your return is filed, TurboTax has no control over the processing of your return or the release of your refund.

Here are a couple FAQs to track your refund:
When will I get my federal tax refund?
How do I track my state refund?
Why does Where's My Refund say "approved" but TurboTax still says "accepted"?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Queenmnk

I sure hope they got no control over it because when I spoke to IRS they mentioned about Did I use a turbo tax to do my tax and I said yes they provided me a routing number and account number that wasn’t on my 1040 and they said if I use turbo taxes to do and pay with refund turbo tax does put them account in order for them to receive the money and turbo tax is holding on to my refund hostage from the information that I received for IRS and two of a turbo tax representatives who I spoke to if not I would’ve gotten my money since the 28th of March after IRS released my refund in 27th of March thru direct deposit but even now I still haven’t gotten my money 

if you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then the banking information on the tax form is the information to send your refund to the third party bank.  That bank gets your refund first from the IRS.  They take out your TurboTax fees and send the rest to you---and that bank has YOUR direct deposit information.

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies