Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spike2323

I received a CP14 notice from the IRS for an amount due, that was direct debited from my account when I filed. Why did I receive this notice?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

I received a CP14 notice from the IRS for an amount due, that was direct debited from my account when I filed. Why did I receive this notice?

If you paid your tax bill but the IRS still sent you a CP14 notice, please be aware that due to their backlog, they may not have registered your proof of payment yet and you might receive a second notice. Also, make sure funds remain available and don’t cancel any check you sent.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

I got a CP14 notice from the IRS

spike2323

Ok, thanks for the info.  The payment that was sent to them was an ACH, directly from my bank account when I completed my taxes.  Funny you should mention their backlog, as I just received the notice a few days ago, but it was dated November 23rd, with a due date of December 14th.  

Kellystaxes
Returning Member

Hey so what did you after you got the Cp14 notice? Same situation here. Not sure what to do as I tried to called many time but couldn’t reach a real person. Did yours get resolved?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies