perrisjoyce

I received a corrected 1099-R after filing my taxes , how do I correct this?

How do I file a 1040X ?
Texas Roger

Since your return was accepted by the IRS, you must prepare, print, sign and mail an amended tax return form 1040X to correct the problem. DO NOT change your original tax return until you start the amended return. If you have already changed it from the way it was originally filed and accepted, you must change it back before you start the amended return. Wait until you receive the refund from your original return before beginning your amended return to make sure you enter the correct amount. An amended return cannot be efiled. Here is an FAQ to help you:                                                                  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed