turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

I just got a another letter from IRS saying that they are verifying my return. In it could take up to 60 days to complete review. Did anyone else get a letter saying this?

gucci6good 4 hours ago

After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

@gucci6good I received a letter also saying it can take additional 60 days but on my transcript it say additional action pending 3-25-19 been saying that since the 18th

@gucci6good . I went to an IRS office on March 4th to verify. I have EIC as well, and I received my return on March 14, 2019

did anyone verify online? It only asked me a few questions like my AGI and the last 4 numbers of my bank account. I thought I needed all of my paperwork to verify it.

Ok. So I filed on January 25 2019 and of course the IRS accepted it on the 29th. So I waited the 24 hours and it said received. A few days later I got the message"we cannot provide any info with alTax topic 152

So when I called I was told I was told to  use extension 362. So when I finally got on the line with a human, she made me answer some questions trying to verify my identity. However I didn't pass. She then told me I should wait the full 21 days before calling back. 

So after the 21 days I called back. They asked me if I received a letter I hadn't received it.  However , she told me that I would have to go into one of the offices to do an Identity Verification . So my appt. Was on Monday March 4, 2019. I went and verified my identity.  She said allow up ro 9 weeks. However today I have my orange bars back and a refund date of March, 13 2019.

I verified mine over the phone on March 4th. Did you have bars before this is. Or was you just receiving the message 9001. I am still checking wmr and getting the same stupid messeage.

I didnt have bars before this. Same message as you have

robross1982 do you have bars now or still that same message?

I have bars now with ddd of 3/14/19
ilj92

I filed Feb 10th. Didn't receive my letter until March 5th. I called and verified March 6th. I'm currently still receiving the same message. Should I really expect to wait the 8 weeks?

Robross1982 Thank you! I have a similar situation. I was verified at a local office yesterday and waiting on my bar to reflect something. I see that in your situation, it was around 5 days. I will give some time. But this is very stupid of IRS IT department, they can have a better message which can be useful and not panicking rather than not found info.

They told me 9 weeks. I verified on the 4th. Got my deposit on the 13th.

I really have no clue why they say 9 weeks. That's insane. If everything is verified, you'll get it in 10 days or so
ilj92

Omg. I called this morning to see what the process is. The man I spoke with was extremely rude and said that I should've been told when I verified, about the 9 week waiting period. Fingers crossed. I waited a whole month for the damn letter.

Hang in there a few days you should have it @ilj92 !!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies