turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I put the wrong ssn for myself I was asked to correct the change and I did I need to know if it was changed it shows my taxes where accepted after I made the change

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SherekaB

I put the wrong ssn for myself I was asked to correct the change and I did I need to know if it was changed it shows my taxes where accepted after I made the change

If your taxes were Accepted that means it was changed. The IRS will not accept a return if the social security number and name is not correct and matches what the social security administration has on file. Check below to be sure your return was accepted. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SherekaB

If your taxes were Accepted that means it was changed. The IRS will not accept a return if the social security number and name is not correct and matches what the social security administration has on file. Check below to be sure your return was accepted. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Very helpful thank you!!
SherekaB

You are welcome. Take Care.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies