Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

happypee1234
Returning Member

I put my 2019 in my 2020 amended tax returns in the same envelope they received my return but it's only showing the 2019 why is that

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I put my 2019 in my 2020 amended tax returns in the same envelope they received my return but it's only showing the 2019 why is that

Yikes.  You're not supposed to do that.  They probably stapled it all together.  They only process 1 return per envelope.   You might need to mail it again.

Yep,  Mail room employees open the envelope and staple it all together and then send it tot the data entry clerks who enter the top tax return and consider anything else supporting information to be filed in the archives should it ever be needed by auditors.  These are all low paid employees who do a routine task 8 hours a day.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies