albold

I PREPARED AN AMENDMENT FOR 2015 RETURN USING TURBO TAX BUT I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THE AMENDED RETURN YET. THE QUESTION IS DO I FILE 2016 USING THE OLD OR AMENDED NUMBERS

DianeW

You should prepare the 2016 return with any numbers from the 2015 amended return that apply to 2016.  Items such as your state tax refund, carryover of capital losses or passive losses.

However, when asked about your adjusted gross income (AGI) for e-file you would have to use your original numbers because the amended return is not processed yet.  The IRS would not have the new AGI.

DianeW