kerrikim1

I payed 3307.99 in Federal taxes ,this says i only get 985.00. I thought. Igot all of it,do i not get it all back?

No, you do not get all of it back  People who live and work in the U.S. pay tax to the government. 

That is one of the ways your government gets money to run the country.  That is why tax was withheld from your pay.  The amount of tax you need to pay depends on your filing status, how much you earned, whether you have dependents, credits/deductions you qualify for, etc. etc. etc.

Your tax refund is the difference between the amount of tax you have to pay and the amount withheld.  If too much was withheld, you get some back.

AmyC

Taxes are what pay for all the government programs and keep America running.If you do not have enough withheld, you will owe. If you owe more than $1,000 the IRS will add penalties.

@xmasbaby0 is correct.