turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owe less than 500.00 to child support, will I recieve the full amount for stimulus check or will my owed amount be deducted from payout anount

Will the owed amount be taken out of my stimulus relief fund?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I owe less than 500.00 to child support, will I recieve the full amount for stimulus check or will my owed amount be deducted from payout anount

We don't know the details. It is continuously evolving.

5. Owing the IRS money won’t affect your stimulus check

Owing the government money is never fun. Usually, the government will come after your tax refund to offset money you owe. That might have you thinking your stimulus check might be up for grabs as well if you’ve got a tax debt to Uncle Sam. 

The good news is, stimulus checks likely won’t be seized to pay a tax debt. The only time they will be withheld is when an individual owes child support money.

dnehr

Yes, if you are behind on child support the stimulus is going to catch it up for you. That’s a good thing.... for you and lil Johnny.  If you owe Uncle Sam back taxes that will not affect covid 19 money.  

I have a similar situation. I owe around as much, but my income tax is paying most of it off. I'm wondering the same thing, but can't find where I can add a question.

Manage cookies