Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I opted for the turbo tax card for my direct deposit on my tax return. Does turbo tax send that info for direct deposit to the IRS when I used they're services to file or do I have to do that?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

I opted for the turbo tax card for my direct deposit on my tax return. Does turbo tax send that info for direct deposit to the IRS when I used they're services to file or do I have to do that?

When you choose to get your Federal tax refund deposited to a Turbo Visa Debit Card, TurboTax works with Green Dot to get the right account info to the IRS (and/or the State) to make sure the money gets put on your card. As soon as the IRS approves your refund, the money gets electronically deposited to your card—simple as that!

TurboTax also offers a Refund Advance on a Turbo Visa Debit Card to some customers. If you are eligible and approved for a Refund Advance, you will typically receive your advance within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return. Selecting the Turbo Visa Debit Card for your refund when you file your taxes does not submit an application for Refund Advance. You must select Refund Advance when you file your taxes to apply for a Refund Advance. A Refund Advance is a loan based on your anticipated refund and is not the refund itself.

For additional information please click the link below:

Getting to know the Turbo® Visa® Debit Card

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to know if the stimulus check will be put on the card that's my Question!!!!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Stimulus checks will be deposited into bank accounts that received direct deposits. But, according to the IRS website "In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail." There is more information posted in the following link.  

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They have my routing # number for intuit turbo card were my tax refund went for 2020 is this were the stimulas check will go

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I also receive SSD direct deposit or will it go there to the bank

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies