sdarora

I noticed that in 2016 I didn't get Sales Tax deduction. What are my options now?

Secondly, Why TurboTax didn't catch this since I've been using it for several past years. It clearly shows in my previous year taxes that I was getting Sales Tax deduction. A simple check on previous vs current year would catch this. TurboTax disappointed me on this.

sdarora

The above answer is not helpful. 

You have to Amend your 2016 taxes and send it back. 

sdarora

The above answer is not helpful. 

MaryK1

Deducting sales tax instead of income tax might be useful, if you live in a state without income tax or if you make a big-ticket purchase, such as a motor vehicle, before the end of the tax year.  If this applies, you may want to amend to see if you should get an additional refund.