Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got my return and all and it says I’m being audited for this years taxes and turbo tax did my taxes for the first year..2018 well it’s never been on my credit report ever until now.

So now I have to get an audit defense membership through my credit report company to be able to solve this?! I got my taxes and turbo tax did them. IRS did not hold my taxes. Why is this happening?! W
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my return and all and it says I’m being audited for this years taxes and turbo tax did my taxes for the first year..2018 well it’s never been on my credit report ever until now.

The IRS computers select some returns at random to audit.   there's no way to prevent this.   the audit notice should specify what documents the IRS  wants to see.  

I never got a letter from the IRS it’s saying it unclaimed on credit karma. I have t received anything from IRS. I don’t know what to do from here

What?  What is "it" that says you are being audited?   You say you used TurboTax and filed your return and received your refund.  What is this stuff about Credit Karma?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Sounds like OP saw something  re IRS on his/her credit report. If so, most likely it is for a year earlier than 2018.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies