turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amend my Tax Return

I need to add form 1095A
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SherryM

Amend my Tax Return

To amend your 2016 taxes if you need to make changes and your taxes were already e-filed and accepted (or mailed)
  1.Sign into your TurboTax account, if you're not already signed in.
  2.In the 2016 tax year section, click amend (change) return.
  3. In the pop-up, click amend using TurboTax online.
  4.Click continue on the we'll help you change (amend) your return screen.
  5.Follow the on-screen directions to amend your return.
  6.When you're done, will provide instructions to print and mail your amended return because and amended return can't be e-filed.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Amend my Tax Return

i needed advice for 2017 taxes

Amend my Tax Return

@toobqwpow3
TurboTax Online has not yet opened up the amendment process for 2017.   It may start in late January or early February.  But someone can likely answer any questions about what you may need to do.

You are posting in an already-answered thread from last year that will not show up as needing help.  You should start your own new thread at the link below so it will show up to the whole forum as needing help.

When you go to the form at the link, the first box is for a summary of your question, like a title, and is limited to 170 characters..  Lower on the form you will come to another box with plenty of room to enter details.    This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

I'll close this old thread.
SherryM

Amend my Tax Return

To amend your 2016 taxes if you need to make changes and your taxes were already e-filed and accepted (or mailed)
  1.Sign into your TurboTax account, if you're not already signed in.
  2.In the 2016 tax year section, click amend (change) return.
  3. In the pop-up, click amend using TurboTax online.
  4.Click continue on the we'll help you change (amend) your return screen.
  5.Follow the on-screen directions to amend your return.
  6.When you're done, will provide instructions to print and mail your amended return because and amended return can't be e-filed.

Amend my Tax Return

I need to send IRS forms 1095A and 8962 to 2016 tax return   How do I do that?
SherryM

Amend my Tax Return

You can print your complete return now by following the instructions below. These options will include all worksheets associated with your return, in addition to the official forms that would be filed.

For filing instructions, please refer to the cover page of your return which will list any documents that need to be mailed and where to send them.

Sign in at TurboTax.com and click Taxes near the top. This will open your Tax Timeline.
    On the 2015 Tax Timeline screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Download all forms and worksheets.  If you want to print your return without the worksheets select Download/print return (PDF)

You can also print a copy of your return by accessing the Print Center.

Sign in at TurboTax.com and click Taxes near the top. This will open your Tax Timeline.
    In the 2015 Tax Year section, click Add a state (we're not really adding one, this is just a way to reopen your return).
    After the blue Simple and accurate screen finishes loading, you'll be back inside your return. You can then select Print Center from the My Account drop-down
    Select All Forms from the drop down list and save/print a copy of your return.
cantu123-

Amend my Tax Return

It's not giving me the option to even amend my return ! Help !
PhilipK

Amend my Tax Return

When you sign in to your TurboTax Online account on the Overview page in the Welcome home box at the bottom is Amend (change) return in blue. Click that

Amend my Tax Return

Yeah, it's still not giving me that option. Instead the box says "track my refund" but I can't because I need form 8962. Please fix this.
shashmius

Amend my Tax Return

I am experiencing the same issue. I am unable to find Amend my Return button
samya7

Amend my Tax Return

No it's the ones from 2008 apparently I put something wrong on the medical part and now my medical car has been discontinued so they said I needed to amend my taxes

samya7

Amend my Tax Return

No it's the ones from 2018 apparently I put something wrong on the medical part and now my medical car has been discontinued so they said I needed to amend my taxes

bradybunchgirls
Returning Member

Amend my Tax Return

2016  download for the amended return will now download correctly

benallypl

Amend my Tax Return

I need to add $404 from my 1099G

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Amend my Tax Return

You will need to wait for your original tax return to be accepted by the IRS.  Once that has occurred then you can amend your tax return.

To amend your return you need to log into your TurboTax account to see an option to Amend a Filed and Accepted Return. Click on that to start the amending process.  Once you are finished making changes to your return you will need to print it out, sign, date and mail it to the IRS.

Please see the below FAQ for more information on amending your tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies