Your filing instructions should print out with your return. Also...
An acceptable return has not been filed until all schedules required by the department have been filed. Failing to provide required schedules may not only delay the processing of your return, but also subject you to late-filing penalties. Assembling Your PA-40 Arrange your documents in the following order when submitting your 2018 PA tax return:
• Original PA-40. Do not mail a photocopy of your PA-40 or a copy of your electronic PA tax return.
• PA Schedule W-2S, or photocopies of your Form(s) W-2 (be sure the information is legible), or your actual Form(s) W-2. Use Part B of this schedule to list and total your other taxable compensation. You must submit photocopies of your Form(s) 1099-R and other statements that show other compensation and any PA tax withheld. NOTE: Do not include copies of Form(s) 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT, unless the forms show PA income tax withheld.
• PA Schedule OC, and the required supporting documents when claiming any of the restricted tax credits that PA law allows.
• PA Schedule(s) RK-1, PA Schedule(s) NRK-1. If you did not receive PA schedules, then submit federal Schedule(s) K-1. See Partnership, Limited Liability Company and PA S Corporation Partners, Members and Shareholders on Page 14.
• PA Schedule(s) G-L. If you are claiming a resident credit for taxes paid to other states, include each schedule followed by any required supporting documents for the schedule.
• All other required PA schedules and forms, including any additional sheets you prepared.
IMPORTANT: Please include your name(s), Social Security number(s), tax year, and a brief line reference to the PA-40 or PA-40 schedule for any additional sheets you include with your return.
• All other required documents, including federal schedules
(where the instructions allow the use of federal schedules), that
explain the information you entered.
• Using PA Payment Voucher (Form PA-V) and payment. See the instructions beginning on Page 23.
IMPORTANT: Do not staple your check or money order to
your Form PA-V or your PA-40 form. If you do not use a Form
PA-V, see the instructions on Page 24.