aubryanna72010

I need to amend my taxes. It is already been acceptedone but I have not received the money. I tried to amend and it will not let me how can I stop my taxes

ModestaL

You can't stop your return once it's been filed. However, if you have already e-filed or mailed the return and they accept it, then you will need to wait until you have received your refund. Then, you will need to amend that return to make changes (add your additional information). You will need to send in any forms that caused the need for an amendment (Original 1040 Form, new 1040X Form and reason for this change). Print, sign and mail your forms to the IRS.

Click here for instructions for amending a return.

ModestaL