Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to amend my return and file an injured spouse claim my taxes were taken from hubbys debt and he had no income and i need to add sons college expenses and survivor

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

I need to amend my return and file an injured spouse claim my taxes were taken from hubbys debt and he had no income and i need to add sons college expenses and survivor

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted, you will have to mail the form to the IRS using TurboTax to create the form.  

If you are using TurboTax Online, open your return and sign in.  On the Welcome home screen, select Taxes. On the Tax Timeline screen, select Amend (change) return

If you are using the CD/Download product, open your return. 

When your return is open, In the search box, search for injured spouse and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results. Answer Yes to Do you want to claim innocent or injured spouse relief? and carefully follow the onscreen instructions for Injured Spouse. 

After you've completed the form, to print it off, please do the following:

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online
  2. Click My TurboTax
  3. Click My Tax Timeline
  4. Scroll down to "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" under 2016
  5. Click Download all forms and worksheets under your 2016 tax return

Do not mail Form 8379 to your local IRS office. Instead, mail it to the Internal Revenue Service Center for where you live. Go to "Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment"  for the address.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MollsBBU

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted, you will have to mail the form to the IRS using TurboTax to create the form.  

If you are using TurboTax Online, open your return and sign in.  On the Welcome home screen, select Taxes. On the Tax Timeline screen, select Amend (change) return

If you are using the CD/Download product, open your return. 

When your return is open, In the search box, search for injured spouse and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results. Answer Yes to Do you want to claim innocent or injured spouse relief? and carefully follow the onscreen instructions for Injured Spouse. 

After you've completed the form, to print it off, please do the following:

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online
  2. Click My TurboTax
  3. Click My Tax Timeline
  4. Scroll down to "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" under 2016
  5. Click Download all forms and worksheets under your 2016 tax return

Do not mail Form 8379 to your local IRS office. Instead, mail it to the Internal Revenue Service Center for where you live. Go to "Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment"  for the address.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies