legalea13

I need to amend my 2021 taxes for my child tax credit but I can’t remember what form they told me I need.

Schedule 8812, Credits for Qualifying Children and Other Dependents

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

If you are amending for child tax credit for a 2021 return, remember that the IRS sent you letter 6419 about any monthly advance child tax credit payments you received between July and December of 2021---and if you filed a joint return they sent the letter to each spouse.  You have to enter the amounts received for those advance payments if you got those.   

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing