turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to amend my 2020 return. A field to add 1099-Misc is available, but nothing for 1099-INT. Is there a field for 1099-INTs in the amend process?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to amend my 2020 return. A field to add 1099-Misc is available, but nothing for 1099-INT. Is there a field for 1099-INTs in the amend process?

I'll assume you have already started amending an online 2020 return and are asking how to get to the interview to enter a Form 1099-INT.

• With the return open, click on the Search tab in the upper right corner.
  • In the search box enter the term 1099-INT without quotes, and click the adjacent small magnifying glass.
  • Then click the link Jump to 1099-INT.

If you have any problem with that method, here's another way:

• With the return open, go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click on Topic Search.
  • In the topic line enter 1099-INT.
  • Make the selection in the list and click GO.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I'll assume you have already started amending an online 2020 return and are asking how to get to the interview to enter a Form 1099-INT.

• With the return open, click on the Search tab in the upper right corner.
  • In the search box enter the term 1099-INT without quotes, and click the adjacent small magnifying glass.
  • Then click the link Jump to 1099-INT.

If you have any problem with that method, here's another way:

• With the return open, go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click on Topic Search.
  • In the topic line enter 1099-INT.
  • Make the selection in the list and click GO.

Addendum:

You mention 1099-MISC.   If you are using Free Edition (as displayed underneath your question above), the Free Edition does not support reporting a 1099-MISC.   A 1099-MISC requires Deluxe or higher.   The specific edition depends on the type of income on your 1099-MISC.    The program should prompt you if an upgrade is required.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies